Saturday, July 29
She's the Man
I just had the best time watching this footy flick! Well, if it is about footy then there's always a 98% likelihood that I'll enjoy it. But this came as a total surprise because I really thought that I was done with teenybopper flicks a long time ago. I guess that will never happen considering I myself am stuck at the age sixteen. Haha!

And Amanda Bynes is always sooo adorable. I was never a Nick fan but I have always enjoyed her movies. This time around she played Viola who, after the girls' soccer team from her old school got scrapped, pretended to be her brother Sebastian so she could play in the rival school's boys' soccer team and prove to her old school that girls can play in a the boys' team. So as her brother (played by Justin Kirk) went to London to pursue his music, Viola moved to his new school, as him of course--and found herself roomies with one hot hottie. Now, Channing Tatum as Duke was absurdly delicious. The thought of him and those lips (oh!) never fail to put a silly grin on my face. That's why I try not to think about him when I'm in public! And he was also the school's soccer team captain. I lurve team captains! And another plus--he looks wickedly good enough to pass as Wentworth Miller's baby brother (although there's absolutely nothing babyish about him, if you know what I mean).
I definitely had a ball watching Viola, as Sebastian, become quite the ladies' man. And Duke was something of a character--tough on the pitch but sensitive on the inside. I'm mush! And one of the funniest scenes was when the guys found Viola's tampon stash. She told them that the tampons were good for stopping nosebleeds and that, guess what?, Beckham uses them for that purpose. Atta girl! Of course, you'd see Duke later on sporting one after a nasty nosebleed.

So, I won't spill anything more about the plot 'cause anyone who hasn't seen it deserves their fun. Lemme just say that it was ridiculously cute. You're probably thinking that I'm biased sine it is a football movie but I don't think so. It was one of those really great feel-good movies that you want to go forever.

And no, I don't like cheese. Do you?

Labels:



5 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Oh this is definitely one of my favourites! I laughed so hard during both tampon scenes at the movies.

Amanda Bynes was awesome as Viola/Sebastian. And Channing Tatum? LOVE HIM!! I was sighing like a romantic sap when he gave 'Sebastian' that speech about being messed up and objectifying women. It was so great to see the more sensitive side to him!

I'm glad you enjoyed this one Kookie! :)

Blogger Kookie said...

And to think that I first thought that it was just another flick going along with the World Cup fever...but I really loved this one!

Blogger Rowena said...

Oh gosh I totally LOVE this movie, love love LOVE it...the tampon scene cracks me up EVERYTIME and I think that Duke is just SO CUTE but Channing was HELLA HOT!

Blogger Kookie said...

Channing Tatum is no doubt one of God's most beutiful creations! Love him!

Blogger Rowena said...

Girl you aint even lying! ;)

Post a Comment

<< Home