Tuesday, August 15
The Birthday Weekend
FRIDAY
The weekend didn't start well. I should have known then that the weekend would be a crappy one. I learned that the Yankees lost to the White Sox by one run. And then I saw on the news that new England coach Steve McClaren named John Terry as new England captain. I was hoping it would be Stevie G but I really can't complain--only props for Terry. After all, he led Chelsea to win the last two Premiership titles. So I decided to finally post my thoughts about the Becks captaincy--because it really, really is over.

SATURDAY
I'm finally 16. Woohoo! Well, I always say I'm stuck at 16. LOL. And birthday or not, I finished the laundry I started the day before before I got sidetracked by blogging. Then I talked to Lee Ann on the phone for more or less two hours. Obviously, there's nothing new to do on our Saturday mornings. I nagged her to watch She's the Man when gets the chance. By midday, there was text traffic on my mobile and I thought that the weekend was really gonna improve. (Thank you, thank you, thank you, peeps, for remembering mundane August 12th.) I didn't even let the Yankees loss to the Angels get to me--even if I can feel the Red Sox breathing down our neck.

And then I heard the news of the day: Becks got dropped from the England squad for the midweek Greece friendly. Why couldn't I have learned this on the 11th? Or the 13th? Now, August 12th is reduced to the day Becks got "axed" from the England squad ever since he started his international career. McClaren did say, after he's "looking forward into the future" speech, that Becks told him he's gonna continue to fight for his place in the team. Good on ya, Becks! I want them to win against Greece but if they lose tomorrow, I'll be the first one to let out a big laugh. The future, my ass!

Well, the day passed in a blur after that. I know my sis called early in the evening and then there were more text greetings but I don't know where my mind was, really.

SUNDAY
I was counting on Sunday to save the weekend. I was planning to make some tuna macaroni for the family (I'd decided Sunday was a good time as any to do the celebration thingie) but I didn't feel like cooking so we had to make do with chicken and taters, plus something usual in our side of the Typhoon Belt and a fave of mine for as long as I can remember (but I'm not telling you what it is 'cause I don't wanna gross you out!). Then we had some ultimate chocolate ice cream and then the usual three hours of of CSI Supreme Sunday on cable. Eating ice cream and watching Jon Togo gave me ideas. Whew!

Sunday pretty much saved the weekend, I guess. There were more belated birthday greetings. Then I watched the live broadcast of the FA Community Shield as Liverpool defeated Chelsea 2-1. What a present that was. And right before midnight, too! I went to sleep thinking about doing a book blog even if I'm a crap reviewer...but I have to find someone to do a (free!) customized template for me for this one though. AiAi is still working on the other one even if she's very busy (Hi, Ai!).

I say, 24 doesn't feel any different than when I was 23. Not even when I was 16! I still haven't decided if that's good or a bad thing.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home