Monday, August 21
Lucky Number Slevin
This is a crazy-ass movie. Another surprisingly good one this year. I did hear about it being mentioned here and there but the promotion wasn't over the top. Thank God for that or I might have hated it before I even saw it. I practically forgot about it but when I got the chance to see it, I'm glad I took it.

At first I felt so dizzy. At times I felt that the plot got too murky and mysterious for me--which was more than half the fun, really. And as the film goes and the cliche 'the plot thickens' was put into good use, there was no other choice but to get hooked.


Who in bloody Mary is Nick Fisher?
So Josh Hartnett's character got mistaken for Fisher--who owed The Boss $96000. Morgan Freeman played The Boss--who offered 'Fisher' a job to pay off the debt. The job was to kill the fairy son of The Rabbi. Ben Kingsley was The Rabbi--who the Boss thought had his son killed. And then The Boss hired a professional to kill Fisher--without him knowing that the professional was also working for The Rabbi. Bruce Willis was the hired assassin, Goodkat--who was actually working with someone else to do in both The Boss and The Rabbi. Apparently, the two former close friends had a family killed in 1979 when Slevin turned out to be not so lucky. And yeah, Lucy Liu was Lindsey--Nick Fisher's neighbor who keeps us from totally forgetting that Josh's character is not Fisher. What a mess. Crazy, crazy, crazy!

Josh
Hartnett is just too angelic looking that I couldn't believe he agreed to kill The Fairy. And Morgan Freeman is an absolute teddy bear and seeing him as someone villainous is always weird. Ben Kingsley was intense as usual--have you seen him in a bad acting job? Just a one? And don't forget Bruce 'No, Harry, No' Willis.

That's already four reasons to see this movie. If that's not enough incentive, then check out the production design. The wallpapers in Nick Fisher's apartment were absolutely 110% whacked! And the dialogue...I just cracked up I almost forgot this was not supposed to be a comedy.

And then you ask, who is Nick Fisher?


Goodkat
will tell you: " He's just a loser."

Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger Rowena said...

Hehe...I'm so totally putting this on my TBW list, thanks for the pimp, I've got all the reasons I need to see this movie, woo hoo!

Blogger Kookie said...

Glad to pimp this one out...not to mention that Josh has a new one out this September, The Black Dahlia. Not to be missed for sure.

Post a Comment

<< Home