Monday, August 28
Remembering Tim
I can't believe it's been almost a year. I can't believe I'm still here, laughing most days away or enjoying the new football season. And he's not.

His best friend, Ge, introduced us when she found out I'm as big a David Beckham fan as he was. I met her online since we were both avid members of G-Wall at that time and we eventually became textmates. It was during one of our many text exchanges that she gave me his addy.

It was fun knowing someone, and I mean a guy, who didn't scoff at the thought of Becks and just admired him for what he can do on the pitch. We were both so disappointed when Becks was sold by ManUtd but were thankful he didn't sign with Barca. And there definitely were times when I had to shush him about his not very nice opinion about Victoria.

Tim had an Al Pacino movie collection and he loved the Dave Matthews Band. I would continually tease him about his Lakers and he would tell me what he honestly thought of my Linkin Park--he didn't have anything bad to say about the Kings. Those were good times. I think.

By the time I knew Tim, he had been in the US for several weeks, on leave from his job as a web designer. He was nursing a broken heart heart after a bad break-up. Ge and I never failed to tell him to move on--even hounded him to hook up with a blonde. He would just laugh it off and just when we thought everything was going to be fine, tragedy struck. This one broke his spirit--and it was downhill from there and he never recovered.

There are times when I still get angry at him--why be so willing to die for love and not live for it instead? But I'd rather focus on the poignant and short, yet meaningful and lasting friendship we had. When he coined the word Beckhamist for me, I told him there were two of us. Then a year ago, it was back to just me again.

Labels:



3 Comments:

Blogger Rowena said...

Did he die? OMGOSH I'm so sorry for your loss sweetie...that's so sad!

He sounds like a really cool guy, or was a really cool guy...you must miss him terribly.

HUGS!

Blogger Grace said...

Oh my goodness Kookie. I'm so sorry for your loss!

I think the best way to remember him, is to remember all the good times you guys shared together, especially the inside jokes you two shared.

Big HUGS!

Blogger Kookie said...

Thanks, guys...

Post a Comment

<< Home