Tuesday, September 19
I'm Back
OMG! I didn't know I would miss this space as much as I did the more than a week I wasn't able to drop by. So sorry to the peeps who regularly check in though. I was busy, busy, busy! I think. I went on a jobhunt and it went well. Let's just not talk about it yet because I still don't know how long I'll last in this one. And my sister came for a weekend visit for our city fiesta. Wonderful! She brought with her my favorites--rice cookies! Even more wonderful is the fact that I'm the only one who likes them. And it took me no more than an hour to finish a pack. The peeps at home still can't understand why I love something that looks and (they say) tastes like plywood. Does not!

So in between house cleaning, watching TV, jobhunting, cooking and catching up with my sister, I pretty much forgot about blogging. And I know that I won't be able to blog as much as I would like to in the next few weeks. But as soon as I'm settled in my new job, I promise to make it up to you, guys!


Reality Check

Two of my all-time fave reality shows are back on TV again so I'm a happy, happy camper.

Survivor: Cook Islands started last week. One episode down and I'm already enjoying it. I'm not exactly the biggest fan of Exile Island so I'm not happy that it's back in the game.

I was already excited about this season but when I heard about the groups being divided into ethnicity, my curiosity and excitement got piqued ten times over. I was jumping up and down when the Asians won the first challenge. And I love their name--team Puka. My paperweight happens to be a bottle full of white sand and colorful shells I got from Puka Beach when we vacationed at Boracay Island a couple of years back.


The Amazing Race 10 started last Sunday and since they just won their fourth straight Emmy for Best Reality Show, I'm expecting some big stuff from this season.

I was really psyched when I saw the teams. Unfortunately, the Muslim best friends and the Indian couple were the first to go. That was sad 'cause I really thought they could bring more pizazz in this edition's culture department. And Sarah, the amputee, was something to watch when she scaled the wall right before the first pit stop. You go, girl!


And there are guy models. Woo-hoo! Thank you, Jerry! I hope they run a good race because it would be so embarrassing if they make stupid mistakes. Why? Because I'm on their side. When have I ever not cheered for a team with no hot guy(s) in it? I hope they won't get sidetracked by the Miss California and Miss New York team.


The game and the race are
so on!

Beta Blogging

I just wanna ask: when are you, guys, gonna switch to beta blogging? Didn't they say that non-beta users can no longer comment on beta blogs and vice versa? And that we have to do the switch manually. Jeez, here comes another headache!

Labels:



3 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

First, what's a rice cookie? I mean, what's in it? I might want to try it, even if it does look and taste like plywood. LOL

Second, I don't watch T.V., so I can't comment on that stuff.

Third, Actually, I think they've worked out the kinks with the commenting thing now, but I've always been able to comment on Beta blogs and they've been able to comment on mine, so I think it's only SOME people who have problems.

Beyond that, I'm excited to switch, because the new features they offer on Beta sound FAB! But I'm waiting until they're out of the test phase, because they said if we wait we'll be able to automatically transfer our regular blogs, and I'm too lazy to do it myself. LOL

Blogger Rowena said...

I'm one of the people that isn't looking forward to switching over to Beta, because yeah it offers the category feature that I've been waiting for, but are they going to categorize everything for us when the switch is complete? Cause if they're not, then it's going to be more of a hassle then anything else...so I'm not looking forward to that.

And plus, I've just gotten to a point where I'm pretty savvy with the Blogger codes, and NOW they're going to change, frickin' A.

Blogger Kookie said...

Holly--
A rice cookie is made of ground rice, sugar, and milk. It's pressed into plywood-like thickness and with its tan color, it does look like plywood! I don't know exactly how it's made because it's a delicacy from where my sister works so I'm pretty sure it's from a 'secret' recipe of some sort.

Yes, ladies, I hope Blogger will do the switch for us because I really don't wanna do it. I have my doubts about this Beta blogging though because the first blog I had over at Friendster was a Beta blog and it didn't provide a lot of options for me to personalize my sidebar, etc. Frickin' A, indeed!

Post a Comment

<< Home