Sunday, October 1
The Return of the Comeback
I'm so bushed! I had my first week of training for my new job last week and it felt like it was never gonna end. Oh, well...

But I'm not so tired as to forget that it's already October. In my book that means baseball playoffs. The New York Yankees won their division for the 9th consecutive time and I only hope that the team will be able to go to the World Series this year--and win it. What's more, it would be something if there will be a Subway series because the NY Mets are smoking hot this season. My fingers are crossed!

But when I say return of the comeback, I really meant it is time again for Real Madrid to produce some magic. They won last week's match with Real Betis one-nil. And then had a brilliant five-one win over Dynamo Kiev midweek in the Champions League. I hope the winning run will continue because I'm really getting tired of Barcelona being the dominant club in La Liga. This is Real's third attempt to come back and reclaim the domestic title that I personally think belongs in the Bernabeu. They lost to Valencia in the 2003-2004 season and to Barca in the last two. And I pray that the 2006-2007 season will be our season because I want to hear "reigning champions" and Real Madrid in one sentence again. I hope they'll be able to deliver tonight in the Madrid derby against Atletico and work out their problems in defense. AND I hope Becks gets a start because he's been playing as a sub lately even with his brilliants performances. Wake up, Capello!

Gotta catch up on my reading so I'm gonna leave it here. I really hope I'd be able to drop by more often in the next few weeks, as soon as I've adjusted to my new schedule. So sorry, you guys. But I'll be seeing you around.

Cheerio!

Labels:



4 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

That's alright, babe. We'll be here when you get back....Or, I will. I have no life, remember? ;)`

Blogger Kookie said...

Thank you, girl! We all have no lives, I think... :o)

Blogger Holly said...

True dat. LOL

Blogger Rowena said...

Hey girl, I miss you! I can't believe I've gone a week without reading your blog, *sigh*

But that's good news for Real, huh? I don't get any Real games out here, how are they doing now? When's their next game? How's Becks?

Post a Comment

<< Home