Sunday, October 15
Red-Letter Day
October is not turning out to be a very good month. It's halfway done but I really can't wait for it to be over though. The New York Yankees had a very short postseason for the second straight year that I'm already imagining some very visible changes come spring training. And yeah, that pretty much means my baseball season was cut short, too.

And even if I'm stinking mad at McClaren for leaving Becks out of England's national squad, I was still sad when they lost to Croatia 2-0 in midweek. It wasn't a very nice news to get in the middle of the week--or for any England fan. Even those who hate McClaren. Oh yeah, I said that already.

But wait, there's more!

It's not okay that the Yankees are gone but I do have a red-letter day to look forward to this month.

OCTOBER 22

That's a week from today and I can't wait. The footy nut in me just goes gaga thinking about the sporting itinerary for that day:

Manchester United vs. Liverpool
Real Madrid vs. Barcelona


My fingers are crossed for the best possible results for that day. ManUtd won 3-1 against Wigan last night--coming from behind, no less. And Real Madrid lost to freakin' Getafe 1-0. That pissed me off...Becks did start but got subbed after an hour...and Ronaldo got red-carded. Argh! That's the latest on Real, Dee. And yeah, Becks will be staying there for another two years.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home