Tuesday, February 27
My Favorite Royals
I was in the mood to read and since historicals are all I can stomach right now, I have to steer clear of my novels to avoid temptation--I gave up historicals for Lent, that's why. But then I saw the Feb issue of OK! mag and since it's gonna be March in a few days, I decided to finish reading it. That's when I remembered that I've been meaning to blog about my most fave royals weeks ago--OK! Philippines featured real fairy tales of commoner women marrying into royalty.

Royalty is, of course, one of my favorite topics. I've no other choice since the women in my family are into it. But there were actually times in the past when my interest in the matter begun to wain. And then something interesting happens, say, a royal wedding covered live by international television. Not to mentioned that it is continually reinforced by those damn romance novels I can't seem to live without.

It's not the British royals that I'm so in like with for the past few years now. Admittedly, they're the most popular and the young princes are quite cute in their own way plus the fact that Princess Diana was everyone's favorite royal at home. But through the years I've gone through my British, Monegasque, and Spanish royalty phases. Duh! Like there really should be phases. But that's me.

But for a number of years now, I've been in love with the Norwegian royals. The love story of Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit is too good to be true that it's practically taken right out of my romance novels. I don't wanna create a muck on what their real love story is so try checking it out here and here. It's so unbelievable how human they really are. I mean, royalty has been, and is continually being viewed as, something altogther different with customs and traditions that cannot be breached. But with the advent of modern young royals taking commoners as their spouses, it has taken itself into a whole new direction for what's set in future. And the story of Haakon and Mette-Marit is a prime example of that. Imagine a single mother being swept off her feet by a crown prince--that doesn't happen in real life, only in mushy paperbacks. But it has heppened to them and their beautiful family is just a joy to look at. Fairy tales do come true.

And check this clip I stumbled on on YouTube especially since I don't wanna paste all the lovely pics I found on the couple. I'm more than ready to fall in love.



How about you? Do you have any favorites among the blue-blooded people of the world? How did they become to be your faves?

Labels:



4 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

I'm not big on royalty, but I DO love the story of Prince Frederik and Princess Mary. It just seems so fairy tale like, that someone outside of royalty marries into it. And I guess it's a plus that they met here in Sydney while the Olympic Games were on..and to think, they met at bar that I visit here and there? It makes it seem not too outlandish. Hehe.

Blogger Kookie said...

I like their love story, too. Prince Frederik was actually best man during Prince Haakon's wedding to Mette-Marit.

And when stuff like these happen, royalty seemed not too "blue-blooded" like it used to be. Which is actually better. Makes them all more human--which they are. :o)

Blogger Rowena said...

I'm not into the royals at all since here in America, we're not apart of that world. But how sweet of this couple though...

Blogger Kookie said...

I admit I'm more in love with their love story than anything else. :p

Post a Comment

<< Home