Wednesday, July 18
Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix
Lemme just say that I wasn't over the moon after I've seen this movie. I guess it was okay but I had such high expectations about it that after I did see it, it barely came up to par. But that's prolly also because of the fact that The Goblet of Fire was such a tough act to follow. 'Nuff said about that.

The movie did live up to what it promoted: "The rebellion begins." So that was mainly the focus of the entire movie. Well, of course, that was exactly what the book was all about. But there was more to it than that though and I felt that the movie didn't quite capture everything it was supposed to. But then again, we'd prolly be at the movie house the entire day. And, of course, we have to consider directorial styles as well.

The special effects were great. There wasn't a lot used as per the usual HP movie but whatever was employed were seamlessly done. From the practice sessions with the D.A., to the fight scene between the Deatheaters and the members of the Order, to the not-so-subtle encounter between Professor Dumbledore and Lord Voldemort--amazing all!


The cast. Whew! Talk about seeing them all grow up on screen. If I didn't know any better I'd swear they weren't the kids in at least the first two movies. How they've grown! Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville (this boy is tall), Ginny, Seamus, Lee, Feorge and Gred (LOL!)...even Dudders, Draco and his cohorts. I have always said that Sirius Black was one of my most fave characters in the entire series but now that he's gone, I think I'm having a fondness for Professor Snape. (Yep, he's grown on me. Wicked! I really liked the scene when Harry was being interrogated by Umbridge and he told Snape that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named had Padfoot; and Snape had his usual deadpan expression on his face. LOL!) I hate me for that but there's just no helping it. Although I will give my opinion again after I've read TDH.

As for the new characters, Imelda Staunton played Professor "Hem Hem" Umbridge very effectively to make me hate so much pink in one frame. Ugh! And can Helena Bonham Carter get any more demented than in her role as Bellatrix Lestrange? Evanna Lynch may have been the perfect girl to play Luna Lovegood but the breathy voice really just freaked me out.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that this was a great movie (in comparison to the earlier installments) but it was, nevertheless, good enough. Better than other movies out there right now. And they did the trademark HP ending that will leave you wanting for more--until the next movie in, what, a couple of years? Waiting is never my strongest suit.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home