Thursday, June 21
Burgled!
Just when I thought my life couldn't get any worse, it actually did. Dammit!

Thinking that these things only happen to other people is a crazy idea. Thankfully, I and my family had never been victims of muggings or robbery. And in my case, that's saying a lot since I have worked jobs with crazy hours and I always use public transpo. But lo and behold, my sister and I had just become victims of burglary last Tuesday in a place we thought was safe enough--the "secure" apartment we are currently staying.

It happened last Tuesday and since I was working the morning shift, I didn't find out until around noontime when I checked my messages. The effing asshole got my sis' phone and handbag and my jewelry box. Shit shit shit!

It's not so much about the monetary value of the stuff that got stolen that I'm crazy about but the fact that the things inside it had more sentimental value than the swiper's pathetic life has. My jewelry cum music box alone was a gift from my second grade teacher when I graduated from college. The pieces of jewelry in it were gifts from family including a gold watch I'v had since I was ten. Plus knick knacks I got from vacations and--this is what I'm most freaked out about--a Becks keychain that was a gift from one of sisters' friends. I wasn't even using it 'cause I was afraid of losing it. Grrr!

And it wasn't only us. Three other room in our building got hit, too. Two rooms actually had sleeping people in them. And we found out later in the day from the police that four other apartment buildings got burgled on as well. I hate these people and now understand why the general public condones the vigilante killings of known criminals in the past few years.

I'm just glad noone got hurt amoung our housemates, especially my sister who saw an unknown man when she came out of our room, who saw her locking up our room real good. That must have been the guilty shithead who took advantage of the fact that noone was obviously in our room.

I can rant all day but I won't give him the satisfaction of affecting our lives anymore than he already did. He can shove the things he stole up his ass. All I want is the chance to slap the daylights out of him and kick his balls up his throat. If I can't have that, I'll settle for him and everyone who benefited from their MO to die a slow and painful death. That's all.

Labels:



3 Comments:

Blogger Aiai said...

I thought I had that comment published, then I remember I only clicked on "Preview" and I had closed the window. =/

Well anyway...

I'm really sorry about what happened. I would feel the same way about your jewelry box (probably even worse)---seems like it had been your very own treasure chest, considering all those things it contained. But at least no one ever got hurt.

You know, this layout change reminds me of something I've long forgotten and is sooo long overdue. I STILL owe you a Blogger layout, Ads. Sorry!!!

Blogger Unknown said...

ei kok, lee just told me las wik. sori bout wat hapened. i'd be raving mad 4 a month f 8 hapened to our family. hope ds won't be a hindrance 2 our plans, but then 8s up to u & lee. i've always been @ ur disposal. hehehe. mis yah!
P.S.
i'l hav livelyn visit siquijor f u want. joke!

Blogger Kookie said...

AiAi--
That's okay, girl. If you could point in the right direction of where to get the best New Blogger layouts that would be neat! LOL!

I know, I felt sadder about the loss of all the sentimental value of the stuff than the monetary one.


Olive--
As it tuned out, it is a hindrance to our summer outing. But maybe I can go visit Dumsville pretty soon and we can get together instead. Call you soon! :o)

Post a Comment

<< Home