Saturday, September 1
Vacay!!!
Better late than never. I was too bushed during the past week to post an entry about my rather short vacay last weekend. I don't think it could even be called a vacation since I just finally braved it out to visit home on my meager two-day restday. Of course, there was no backing out from the plans since I'd already promised my Pops that I'd be visiting home before August ends plus a lot more people who had made plans so that we could meet up. After all, I hadn't been back home in months!

I knew I was going to be half-dead by the time the weekend was over, not to mention that I wouldn't be able to do any blogging. Dang! All my time was spent on travel time and then some more travel time. But I had decided to do it a few days before and I saw no sense in changing my plans so off I went. (My sister was able to tag along at the last minute after her application for leave got approved.)

We arrived home mid-afternoon last Saturday but I surrendered by around four and went to take a nap--working nights is the pits! I woke up at dinner time and caught up with Pops and my sisters (my other sister arrived while I was catching my [one hundred and] forty winks). Not to mention that I played with my babies--it felt good to know that Lee and Red hadn't forgotten li'l ole me. I'm not so forgettable, after all.

The mind was willing but the body could only take so much as the night wore on. My sister and I swapped books and I gobbled up some of her recommended local novelettes she was returning to a cousin during this trip. I managed to finish one book before I called it a night. A long day, if you would've asked me then.

I woke up early Sunday morning--nothing was gonna make me miss my puto-and-mango breakfast which I hadn't had since I was home last. And I was pretty psyched as well since I was meeting up with the fearsome twosome--Lee and Olive (who else?). But when Olive didn't return my messages, I decided to just go back to sleep. I woke up hours later, after lunchtime, with a million messages in my phone from Lee and Olive asking if we were still a go. This was one of the reasons why I couldn't cancel my trip home so I said yes, even if I know that we would only spending a few hours together. I knew even then that I wouldn't be able to check out our old university's Founders Week celebration. So after I did a little shopping for Pops, the three of us went to hang out at Hayahay and ate some pizza while enjoying the view of the beach from where we were. I had to scat home before six to catch the bus home and spend more time with the family. But not before we'd snapped picture of ourselves (joke of the day: Thank God for the rolls of tissue paper). LOL! I know what you're thinking but no, we just used it as our tripod. Quite original of us, really.

I capped Sunday off with the family plus two more novelettes before my beauty sleep since we were starting our trip back early. But in our usual style, we didn't get to leave until late morning and took the ferry around noon. We arrived back in the city mid-afternoon. I had to get a few winks before working the night shift again. Damned, it felt like it was one heck of a whirlwind weekend!

It was. But I never regretted it even if I can still feel the aftereffects even up to now. I just might do it again soon. But if I can, I'm putting in a leave application--I'd like to be home for more than a measly two days.

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home