Saturday, August 18
Sweet 25
Whoever said that 16 is the only age deserving of the adjective sweet was wrong. My 25th year on this beautiful earth started and have been sweet so far in the past week. Let's just hope that it stays that way--or if not, get even sweeter as the year wears on.

My mobile got busy a couple of minutes into Sunday as friends started to send in messages of greetings. And then there were all the calls--most of them came in before two in the morning. Oh, my friends only know me too well. I'd say the day started pretty much the right way. And when I woke up at around seven in the morning, there were a gazillion messages on my phone waiting to be acknowledged. After I sent in my thank you's, I went to church--which was an even bigger event than my actual birthday was to people who really know me, heretic that I am.

One snag of the day was when I came back from church and found most of my housemates still fast asleep. Helloer, people! We have a lunch date to go to! We ended up going to the restaurant a few minutes before twelve--not a better part of the day because I didn't have breakfast at all. But we, all fourteen of us who went, pretty much endured it. After all, we were lunching at Casa Verde, on their (in)famous baby back ribs. An hour or so, an extra rice, and two glasses of iced tea later, we were all in our photo op mode. Of course, that doesn't mean that we were waiting for our table al fresco-style, we didn't grab the opportunity to click away. What are we, crazy? We capped off the day with a little malling--and more displays of our camera whore-ness. We had a pretty quite Sunday evening--it was Tiffany's birthday and I don't think she can ever tolerate alcohol binging sometime in the near future.

And of course, the day continued on with more messages from friends--even those I hadn't seen in a few years. The fact that I have had the same number since 2001 helped. I received text messages wishing me a happy belated birthday as late as Monday evening. Whew! I didn't know I had these many friends (not counting the amnesiac ones!). Of course, I was touched to the bone. We had mini-celebrations during the week: we had chocolate ice cream in the middle of the week for those who weren't able to go last Sunday. Ice cream at 0830 hours? Sinful! And then we had a little dinner with an officemate who had her birthday just the other day and I brought my Hawaiian spare ribs--which was the big hit of the night! Tiffany, it seems, can cook, too.

A week down and counting, and my 25th year is in a bid to be a sweet year. Thanks, peeps, so very much!!! :o)

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home