Saturday, August 4
What's Cooking
I was just browsing around and then bloghopping a li'l bit when I stumbled on this neat piece of news. I am still not over the Harry Potter mania (and I don't think I'll ever be ) so I hope you'd pardon me for posting another related on dit. Well, I found out that not-so-little Daniel Radcliffe is going to star in a TV movie later this year in a drama called My Boy Jack. It's about the story of how the son of author Rudyard Kipling goes MIA during World War I. Jack Kipling had been rejected by the army because of poor eyesight but his father pulled strings so that his son could enlist. From the looks of this picture, Dan looks set to play 17-year old marvelously when the film comes out in November. And it's great to have him foray into more adult roles and not get stuck in the Harry Potter stereotype.
*******
But for now, I'll settle for this piece of news: Backstreet's back! I thought they were gone for good last year but I thought wrong. And I don't care what people think of them and if whether they're too old to be making music together--which is crap thinking. You can never be too old to make beautiful music and this fellas here are good at it. Unlike some other boybands that sprouted out of the woodwork during the boyband craze, this is one of the rare groups who actually knew what they are doing. And they continue to do so--as they set to release "Inconsolable" in late August. Too bad the group is sans Kev this time around (check out the symbolic empty shoes in that pic--I chose this edited pic for emphasis and for laughs--but of course the official photo doesn't have the danged thing).

Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger Rowena said...

So Backstreets back alright, huh?? I was more of an Nsync girl but I'm not a Backstreet hater...I dug a whole lot of their songs back in the day, I'll give them a whirl this time around...Kevin won't be all that much missed by me, I was a big Brian fan...haha.

Blogger Kookie said...

I'm neither--but I was actually a big boyband-crazy gal way back then. I used to like Nick (whatever came over me?) but now I'm really diggin' AJ...although I admit Brian's got the best set of lungs among them. :o)

Post a Comment

<< Home