Sunday, November 5
John Tucker Must Die
When I thought I was over teeny-booper flicks, films such as She's the Man changed my mind. But then I see something like John Tucker Must Die and I wish I'd stuck to war movies instead.

I expected a lot out of this movie because I used to really, really like Jesse Metcalfe. I thought he was smoking hot before his (what seemed to be waxed) eyebrows got to me. And I love Sophia Bush--I think she's the (hands down) cutest and most likable "Brooke" on the face of the Earth. That said, I expected big from this film.
I dunno about y'all but the whole thing just fell flat. I'm probably getting cynical in my old age (24 is old, right?) but the time I spent watching this one was overflowing with unappreciated sophomoric humor. Needless to say, I didn't like that.

When I first heard of what the gist of the film was, I was intrigued. Who wouldn't want to get back on hoo-hoos anyway? But going to extreme lengths and spending too much time and effort to do just that is not anywhere in my priority list. Forget the dumbass and move on with your life, girl!


So no, I don't recommend you watch it unless you're me at 12--in which case, you'll definitely have a laugh. If you must see it though, wait till it's on cable. Please.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home