Tuesday, March 6
March 13: It's A Date
I've been psyched about this thing for weeks now and now that it's only a a little more than a week away, I can barely think about something else.

March 13 is, of course, Manchester United's Jubilee match against Europe's XI--to commemorate the 50th anniversary of a united Europe and United's 50 years in European footballing competition. And guess who got invited to play with the Europe squad and come back to Old Trafford? Sure, David Beckham had been back a number of times to play at Old Trafford since leaving United. But those times were when he was still captain of England and playing for national pride. This time around though will be club football. Sort of. This will be the first time he'll be playing his old club. And I'm sure it was not a difficulty to decide whether he got to be invited for this match or not. He was, after all, undeniable one of the most beloved adopted sons of Manchester, even a one-time Mancunian of the Year honoree.


Yay! My Becks is coming home.

To say I'm so excited is a major undestatement. ManUnited may be playing club football on exhibition day but check out this international squad they'll be playing: Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Ronaldinho, Carles Puyol, Lilian Thuram and Gianluca Zambrotta just to name a few. And the squad will be coached by no less than 2006 World Cup-winning coach Marcello Lippi. It'll be fun to watch them play against Sir Alex Ferguson's Red Devils!

Hard for a football, a ManUnited, and a Becks fan not to be all excited about it!

Labels:



4 Comments:

Blogger Rowena said...

Oh dude, that's gotta be GREAT news..to have Becks back home playing with a Red Devil jersey again, after all this time? Dude...I love it! Are you going to be there? I wish I was...HA!

I love me some Stevie Gerrard, I miss when him and Mick Owen played together at Liverpool...goodness, I loved watching them work together.

I also like Jamie Carragher, I think he is SUCH a cutie!

Blogger Kookie said...

You don't have to say it--the England squad is full of cuties! Stevie G is a perfect example...and yeah, I miss Michael Owen, too. His last injury might have ended his career...but I hope not!

And speaking of injuries...Becks injured his knee last week and he'll be sidelined for the next six weeks. Double damn! What timing! McClaren was actually pondering at the thought of considering him for England's matches later this month. Poof! All freakin' gone! :-(

Blogger Aiai said...

Hey Ads... Goodness it's been a while since I last blogged. I hadn't had time to manage or update it for a while, so I had my domain closed na and I transfered to this new blog.

I thought Ronaldinho pulled out... did he get to play? Do you know when would this game be aired (or replayed)?

Blogger Kookie said...

Hey, Ai...how have you been? Miss you, girl, and our movie dates! Glad to know your back in Bloglandia...and I hope you had a good birthday a couple of weeks back. :o)

I dunno when the game will be aired here in our side of the globe...if ever. But check out that clip I found at YouTube for the game highlights.

Take care and don't be a stranger!

Post a Comment

<< Home