Sunday, April 29
Dreamboat Express: Michael Owen
For me, there is no striker more golden than Michael Owen. I know, I know. There are some out there that might be better than him. But the height of Owen-mania was also the height of Beckham-mania so I guess that explains my fascination of him. And of course, he was the other half of England's Twin Towers--the other half being Becks--during the peak of their tandem as the biggest stars in the England national squad. For that, he will always have my respect. Before he was plagued by injuries, he was the national side's vice-captain. Some might argue that he deserved better--I won't argue with that. He scored some of the best goals of his time and I'll always admire him for those achievements.

He has played in some of the world's best football clubs--Liverpool, Real Madrid, and Newcastle. Unfortunately enough, injury has delayed his making of more history as he continues his illustrious career. I hope that he gets well soon and go back into playing top-flight footy again.



Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home