Sunday, April 8
A Long Weekend And Easter
As I've mentioned in an earlier post, we were supposed to go to an office team-building last Friday. Of course, that's just a euphemism to get to totally wasted with office buddies--which others achieved even before arriving at our destination.

Wet blanket that I am, I was not able to make up my mind whether to go or not until I was actually on my way with some of my office mates. I was braced on not enjoying the excursion that I am still surprised up to now at how much I did enjoy it. Very much.

We went to Blue Reef Resort, which is comparatively smaller than most. But considering the fact that it's still part of the city, it was quite clean and great in a way I never expected it to be. We went there straight from the office on Friday until around seven in the morning on Saturday. It was a rainy Saturday morning and the planned sunrise pic I was planning to post here with this entry went down the drain fast.

One humongous thing that had me doubting about going was the fact fact that someone in the office and somebody else are having an affair--and extramarital affairs just don't seat well with me. At all. I guess it doesn't with decent folks. But what irritated me more is the fact that some people tolerated it as if it's an okay thing. My skin practically crawled at the blatant PDA but then again, they can live their lives any damn way they want. I just hoped it didn't involved hurting some other people in the process.

But most of my office mates proved to be A-okay company and that made up for my disgust at
that other thing. Three of the guys knew how to palm read so I had mine read thrice--they came up with three related readings that had some harsh truths in 'em and some stuff in the future that I look so forward to.

And the food? Mmm-hmm. It was great--obviously, I munched my way into the morning. Watching the tide come in during dinner was a sure stress buster. And our cottage(s) was by the slides so it was fun to watch the kids and the kids-at-heart slide down the half-pipes. Not to mention that my belly ached so much laughter.

I couldn't have spent a better Friday evening or Saturday morning. I actually look forward to the next time I spend quality camaraderie time with my office mates outside of company time and rules. And, of course, without the personal issues. Can't wait for that to happen!

--o0o--

I wish everyone a very Happy Easter Sunday and I hope everyone gets to live the true meaning of what today really means. And, of course, enjoy it at the very least.

Labels: , ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Aww, i'm glad you had a great weekend, babe!

Blogger Kookie said...

Me, too. LOL! And I'm looking forward to possibly going to a karaoke this weekend with my housemates...hope that one pushes through. ;o)

Blogger Holly said...

That should be TONS of fun. Let me know how it turns out. I can't do karaoke. I sound like a dying frog when I sing and I always get booed off stage. lol

Blogger Kookie said...

For the first time, I was actually daring to go to some karaoke session but unfortunately it didn't push through. I was too bushed to go after my I went with a friend to this weekend's mallwide three-day sale. Whew!

Post a Comment

<< Home