Sunday, April 15
Movie Marathon
The Devil Wears Prada
I apologize to the big fans of this film but I just didn't like it. Story-wise, it was meh. Although I have to admit that it was a technically very well done movie but other than that, it left wondering what the hype was all about. And, oh yeah, the clothes--and Emily Blunt--weren't bad either.


Night At The Museum

I never thought I'd ever enjoy a kids' movie at the current movie mode I'm in until this one. I really enjoye
d this whole thing. I liked the entire concept of things in a museum coming alive at night. Museums are cool enough without that thought. The dinosaur [skeleton] was a dear! LOL!

The Lake House

So Keanu Reeve and Sandra Bullock have amazing on-screen chemistry. But this movie turned out pretty ordinary to me. It could be romantic but I just don't think that it worked for me that the lead characters could meet up--or not--depending on the convenience of the story.

Poseidon

I still rememb
er seeing the old version when I was a kid. But it took me quite some time to watch this. Being someone who doesn't know how to swim, I was afraid I'd feel claustrophobic watching all that water come in. And I did. But imagining myself drowning in Josh Lucas' baby blues helped. And Emmy Rossum is such a cutie!

Blood & Chocolate

Good one. It can never aspire to be the greatest movie or the even the greatest werewolf movie ever. But it managed to keep me awake. I'll have Hugh Dancy in chocolate any day.


Apocalypto
If there's a movie I regretted not seeing on the big screen, it's this one. I love this Mel Gibson creation. In fact, I love all his directorial creations. Gory but nice. Gore that is essential to the film
is really something. As for the chase scene--wow!

Step Up
I can never use enough of and Channing Tatum in one sentence. And I don't think I'll ever tire of watching this dance film--and of Chan shaking his sexy ass. Jenna Dewan is one lucky girl.

House Of Flying Daggers
I was ecstatic to finally see this film after my sister sang praises for it months ago. Damn, but this film made me believe in love as if I'm a teenager all over again. Love the visual effects and the play of colors in the entire length of the film. I must admit, it (loving the flick) was pretty predictable since I haven't hated any Ziyi Zhang movies. And Takeshi Kaneshiro proved that I could actually term a (how do I say this without sounding offensive?) chinky-eyed person cute.

Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger ~ames~ said...

The Lake House was just meh for me. I know my mom and aunt cried at the end, and I was like, "why are you crying?" LOL

LOVE Channing Tatum too. I finally went out and bought She's the Man. (I bought Step Up as soon as I could.)

And House of Flying Daggers-I absolutely loved that movie too. :P

Blogger Kookie said...

Ames--
I know. I was, like: "That's it?!" at the end of the film. Just couldn't get what the hype about the movie was all about.

As for Chan...hmm, he's just the yummy-licious-est thing right now. *evil grin*

Post a Comment

<< Home