Monday, May 14
Dreamboat Express: Blake Lewis
It's American Idol Finale week. Finale-ly.

And I can barely sit still.

I waited for months for this to arrive and now I'm a nervous wreck. Sheesh, I need for Blake Lewis to win. Need it like I do oxygen. I'm just head over heels about this guy. But then he's such a cool performer so that wasn't totally unexpected. I know I haven't been as vigilant about this season like I have been in the past but I did my share of Blake-loving. And I have been trailing Blake's performances week in and week out.

His rendition of "Time Of The Season" still remains my most fave so far and "You Give Love A Bad Name" comes in a close second. I haven't had enough of playing those on YouTube. And that doesn't mean I don't check out his other performances at least once. I am such a hopeless Blaker case.

I just hope he gets to win because he deserves to--there has been noone like him in the six Idol seasons yet. But if not, well there had been a lot of seasons that the buying American public had proven the voting American public wrong. (Daughtry, anyone?)

Am keeping my fingers crossed.


Labels:



6 Comments:

Blogger Chantal said...

I like Blake, too.
GO BLAKE.


This is hard because I believe this is the first year where I have liked all three that are left in the game.

Blogger Kookie said...

Yeah. Me, too.

But it would be great if he wins--there had been noone like him in the past seasons. Maybe not even in the future.

Blogger Rowena said...

Oh really? You guys liked Blake? I didn't...there was something about the way he sings that gets on my hot damn nerves...I was so happy that Jordin won last night, she sang that song FANTASTIC! But at least Blake doesn't have to come out with THAT song as his first single, so that's good, right?

Blogger Kookie said...

I guess (know, really) that Jordin deserved to win the title but it would have been kinda nice if someone with a different kind of music could have won the title--but I guess the competition is better suited for balladeers. But that doesn't give too much hope for other hopefuls out there that doesn't do that kind of music, does it? :(

Blogger Rowena said...

To see Blake make it this far should be hope enough, I think...considering that he made it to the final two, I just didn't think he was the better singer, for me it wasn't about who's style is better and who's musical muse is better, for me it was about the better singer and I don't think Blake was. I don't think he was better than most of the others that got sent home but that's entirely my opinion and it's not shared by a lot since Blake made it farther than I thought he should've...

To each their own though, huh?

Blogger Kookie said...

I actually think it would have been better if Melinda had stayed on in the show 'cause then Jordin would have some real competition. With the way the final 2 looked, we already knew who would win once they announced that Melinda was going home.

But yeah, to each their own. :o)

Post a Comment

<< Home