Monday, May 14
When Tiffany Says So
"Have you seen Spiderman 3 yet? Uh-huh. But tell me, what's really the effing fuss about this film, eh?"

That's Tiffany for you.

Admittedly, I have been intrigued about this third Spidey installment since I saw the first (short-cut) version trailer months ago. But the thought of catching it on big screen never stuck as a capital idea. After all, I didn't watch the first two in the cinemas. A fact that I'm not remorseful about after I did get the chance to see them.

"Right. So why bother."

Tiffany again.

And she's right, as usual. Well, most of the time. And we both agree that our idea of a real summer blockbuster has Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom strutting their sexy stuff on screen.

But who, you ask, is Tiffany? In short, she's my alter ego. LOL! A poor excuse for one, that's for damn sure.

'myspace

When one acts weirdly enough--liking one thing one time and hating it the next, it can be quite mind boggling. I don't think I've a problem about multiple personalities but I'd like to think of Tiff as my (crazy biyatch) voice of reason. Although if I (you) would really look at it, she's my excuse for being crazy, corny, crazily corny and, most of the time, just plain biyatchy. She gobbles up WWE and Mad TV like mad, and can't suffer men who think they're chocolate coated almonds. (Although come to think of it, who can?)

I'm not stereotyping the Tiffanys of the world though. Let's just make that clear now. Only because when I started liking the idea of having my "alter ego" (when I was in my teens), I was reading a young adult fiction book with a cheerleader character who did all these bitchy stuff just to snag HottestGuyInSchool. Her name was Tiffany and long story short, I ended up loving hating her--and the name eventually stuck.

Poor Tiff really takes all the blame for my nastier side. Some of the time, she's my cynical voice. But most of the time, I love her as my "logical" voice ("Damn, girl! You're eating way too much carbo-rich food!") But she's Tiff so I rearely listen. And then she can also be so over the top, it's practically a hoot.

So when she says: "Really. Going to the cinemas is a waste of time and money even if we watch Pirates... Better spend your dosh on those damn romance novels you so love to read."

I just have to tell her: "Logical voice or not, I'm having the final say on this. We are watching Pirates...even if I have to drag you to it."

Poor girl. She doesn't have a choice now, does she?

And she didn't have a choice when I dragged her to watch Spidey slink around in his spandex for the third and last time (and so they say). She couldn't very well complain if someone was giving away free tickets.

Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger Rowena said...

LOL, you're so cute!

Blogger Kookie said...

Tiff says thanks.

LOL! ;p

Post a Comment

<< Home