Sunday, May 6
Dreamboat Express: Jonny Wilkinson
Honestly, I have never been a big fan of rugby. I don't think I'll ever be a big fan of rugby. But it still gives me goosebumps whenever I remember watching the game live on TV the evening England won the Rugby World Cup in 2003. Being the sportsfan that I am, any big global event such as this always catch my attention. Never mind that I have never watched an entire rugby game before that night. But all throughout the tourney, England was proving their critics wrong left and right; and worked more and more on proving their fans right--that they could be the greatest in rugby nation and be the first Northern Hemisphere country to bring home the WC trophy.

And who better to catch my attention than fly-half (don't me ask what that position does) Jonny Wilkinson. He had been kicking goals his way during the finals and practically led the entire squad in lifting that trophy. I hated the feeling of having to wonder if they'll win it or not as they get to extra time. But thinking that the game might go into that direction, Mr Wilkinson kicked in a drop goal (huh! now I know what that is) and gave his country the win.

You see, I'm not just a sucker for the hot ones. I'm into the hot ones that really leave their mark in their sport. But no thanks to injury, I really miss this guy from the international stage making a sensation of himself. *Sigh*





Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger Rowena said...

I used to love him but I'm more of a Dan Carter girl myself, now THAT guy is hotness! =)

Blogger Kookie said...

Hmm. I'm afraid that I've never been a big fan of rugby and that I only seriously followed the game that one time during the World Cup in '03--and only because this guy was making headlines on just about every sportsnews I watched. But I just might feature YOUR Dan Carter in the near future. LOL!

Post a Comment

<< Home