Saturday, June 2
Number 7 Is Back!!!!
And what a comeback it was.

(Imagine me doing my crazy happy dance!)

David Beckham made his return to the England squad with a vengeance in the national side's 1-1 draw in their exhibition match against the samba boys of Brazil. I'd say that his performance was gleaming--just like the brand new Wembley stadium. And who'd have thought we're ever gonna see him again in an England shirt in Wembley again--if at all? Yes, it was a draw but I still get a silly grin on my face whenever I see and remember Becks's free kick that led to John Terry's goal in the 68th. It was great seeing the old cap'n efforts being converted by the new one. It doesn't matter (well, maybe it does) that Brazil got an equalizer at the last minute but it sure was heck fun to watch Becks make his golden passes on the Wembley pitch again.


Let's admit it, he's not going to make the team an instant success--he can't do it singlehandedly. The rest of the team have to pull their weight if they want to have a real chance at qualifying for Euro 2008. But we have to acknowledge that his presence just might be the presence they need to do just that. And if his winning form in that exhibition match last night against Brazil is exhibit A, then they're pretty much on their way to having a wonderful showing in thier next few matches. I just hoped that a certain person *ahem* McClaren *ahem* could have seen this way before last week.

Becks's return is not the only of note in this match. Alan Smith and Michael Owen is back in the ranks again and I hope this time injuries stay far, far away from the blokes.

Did I say yet that I'm happy? Damn right I am. Who wouldn't be? And it looked like I wasn't the only one who's ecstatic about his return--if the cheers during the introduction and the ovation he got at Wembley when he got subbed in the 77th were something to go by, then I think England's Golden Boy is officially back. Last night was a crucial match regardless of the fact that it was just a friendly. Now I'm looking forward to the Euro qualifiers against Estonia in midweek.

I just think that that peroxide overdose is working. LOL! You go, Becks!

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home