Sunday, March 18
Dreamboat Express: Alan Smith
:Hmm. This was no hardship to decide on who to feature on this week's Dreamboat Express.

Alan Smith (October 20, 1980) caught my eye when he was still playing for Leeds United. And I don't mean that because he looks so damn cute. He also happens to be an excellent footballer, too! But I truly became a fan of his when he came to play for Manchester United and then played with Becks in the England national squad. Honestly? I'm not a big fan of bleached hair but I have not seen him in another hair color so I really can't compare.

Unfortunately for him, he broke his leg early last year. That injury led for him to miss the World Cup in Germany last summer and that just
broke my heart for him. It was going to be his first WC and I really thought that he was a force in the team. He spent the better part of the year recuperating from that fracture and has since been playing regular footy with ManUtd's reserve team for their reserve matches. He did play the full 90 minutes in the ManUtd Jubilee match last week so I'm sure sir Alex will be putting him back in the regular starting line-up soon. Alan is fighting for that spot and I hope that he will also be playing in the national squad again as soon as he can. He's a young a talent that England--and whatever club he'll be playing for--can use in the years to come.


Labels: ,