Wednesday, March 14
Red Devils 4, Europe XI 3
So the Red Devils of northern England did triumph over some of Europe's finest footballers in their Jubilee match. Yey! These guys are good and just as David Beckham said in his interview with MUTV last week, it feels like the United squad of 2006-2007 are following in the steps of the squad of 1998-1999 and is gonna win another Treble.

Here are the squad members for the Jubilee match:

MANCHESTER UNITED

Kuszczak, Neville (captain), Brown, Heinze, Richardson, Ronaldo, Scholes, Giggs, Park, Rooney, Smith
Subs:
Heaton, Carrick, Dong, O'Shea, Eagles, Andrew Cole (guest)


EUROPE XI

Canizares, Zambrotta, Ayala, Materazzi, Abidal, Mancini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Malouda, Ibrahimovic, Larsson (captain)
Subs:
Coupet, Campo, Stefanovic, Christanval, Kallstrom, Gerrard, Fowler, Carragher, Stelios, Diouf, Zenden

I found this clip on YouTube and I guess I'll have to settle for this 'cause I doubt if that exhibition match will ever be aired here. So...



It broke my heart when I found out that Becks got injured last week and that he wouldn't be able to play in ManUtd's Jubilee match after all. Not only was he missing this all-important game, he also missed last week's UEFA Champions League match--where coach Steve McClaren was supposed to watch his game and current form, and reconsider him for the national squad in this month's Euro qualifiers. But it seemed as if bad luck will sideline him until around the middle of April. And I hope that's it. Or maybe this is just a sign that he really can't bid farewell to Old Trafford yet because he'll be going back to play. Hmm, let me dream a little, will ya?



But I'm just glad that he was able to go there and speak to the people at halftime. And for him to be received by the Manchester United fans so warmly after leaving in '03 gives me a warm feeling. That means he had left his mark on this legend-field club.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home